Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a Gift Certificate?
Purchase gift certificates in office please call 604-536-4831
What payments are accepted?
Cash, local checks, Visa or Master card or E- Transfer (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Please allow for at least 24 hours notice for a change or cancellation of an appointment. 50% charge will be assessed and may be applied when canceling within 24 hours without emergency.
What if I can’t afford the fee right now?
A sliding scale is offered to those who are in need of treatment and are unable to afford treatment at the regular cost.
Before & After Your Treatment
Before a Treatment
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to fill out a short but very important Client Health Profile.
- Wear comfortable clothing to be stretched in, like loose or fitted yoga, t-shirt or long sleeve…please no buttons, zippers or tight sports bras.
- Eat only a light meal prior to the treatment. Massage it is best received when your body is not working on digesting lunch!
- Be ready to relax after your treatment. Some people rush off to work or run errands. Of course you do what feels right for you, but giving your body time to assimilate a treatment will provide the most benefit.
- Scent is used in the room for Aromatherapy. Please notify me if you need the room to be unscented.
After a Treatment:
- Drink lots of water. Hydrating is invaluable to any kind of massage recovery. You may want to up your water intake by a couple of glasses for the next 24 hours. This will help with the natural detoxing effects of the massage.
- And again, Relax… this may feel contrary to our fast pace culture. But MYA Touch bodywork is a holistic treatment that encourages us to slow down whilst energy is increased. Try to keep an open mind and not schedule much following your appointment.
- Epsom salt baths are a wonderful way to extend the benefits of any bodywork.